Thursday 1 November 2012

Pumpkin cake...

I like to think of myself as a good baker. I can cook reasonably well (apart from bagels, I most definately can not make bagels..they come out like bricks!) and in my head, my cakes are amazing, frosted perfectly, moist..basically lovely! Until now...

Believe it or not this was meant to be a pumpkin. I started off well, layers of chocolate and vanilla sponge looked good (well..they looked ok at least) then came the frosting. In my head I imagined a nice vibrant orange ..what I ended up with was this horrendous peach colour. So then I did the classic thing of adding too much..a layer of chocolate icing..then a layer of red to look like blood..which came out hot pink. Then I decided to write boo on top with chocolate chips, which then proceeded to slide of the side with the icing..ended up throwing the whole packet of chocolate chips at it and ta daaaa the horror cake was made. It tasted ok at least! Lessons learned - I am not a baker...

1 comment:

  1. Looks to me as though you are indeed a baker - but maybe the decorating muse had deserted you that day! lol

    ReplyDelete